Resin DZs in 009...

When Rob Waller of Boston Largs Works / Bron Hebog fame started producing resin parts for a batch of South African 2ft gauge DZ wagons in 009...

I contacted him to see if he was planning on offering them as kits. A pair seemed a good start on my 'wagon' front, and their larger size would suit the bigger stock and engines I was planning on producing in this scale.


My pair of kits turned up today, several crisp resin mouldings, a small brass etch and some instructions. At first glance they look fairly straightforward to put together, and I've sourced some wheels and bearings from Parkside Dundas, and already have the Greenwich couplings in stock. The only other thing I could do with sorting is bogie pivots. I'll see what I can track down (recommendations on sourcing a small number of 10BA bolts without ridiculous postage costs please).



I'll document the build on here - I'll be finishing them in a South African livery, and lightly weathered.

Comments