009 Eastern European Forestry layout...

I've hinted in the past few months of plans to build a layout in 4mm narrow gauge, partly as somewhere to run my eclectic stock but also as a scenic exercise in a subject I find fascinating...

4'x2' 18mm ply with pine framing taking shape

Well after months of collecting parts, materials, track and such like, and plenty of sketchbook scribbling I can report that progress has been made with the first wood cut for the baseboard this evening. 


Basic trackbed marked out on hardboard for 'testing'
The plan is very simple, a 4'x2' sheet of ply, with a backscene down the middle separating two scenes. One side a depot, station, workshop area, the second a log loading point deeper in the forest. I hope to include one tunnel, a small bridge and a river as well as plenty of trees but more on that with sketches another evening...

A collection of materials so far...

Inspiration from various print and digital sources

Comments