Romanian Draisine in 009: chassis testing...

I've finished the chassis on the Draisine and it runs very sweetly, it was a relief to see it move up and down a short length of flexi-track, especially with a short rake of timber bolsters...
I will need to re-work the rear axle as it doesn't turn as freely as I would like, I've added pick ups to the rear wheel but I think it's the plastic tube rather than these that are the problem.

Painting it all black has tied it together and it's looking very promising, we're getting there slowly...


UPDATE:
I've inverted the rear axle tube so that the slot is at the bottom, and the axle is supported by the full tube when the right way up and this has improved performance, but jacked the rear a little higher than the front but I should be able to add a thin shim to the front of the chassis to correct this!

Comments