Romanian Krauss in 009: bodywork...

I'd forgotten how quickly you can put things together in Plasticard. Having no prototype drawing I've been working solely from photos and some estimated dimensions based on a drawing I have of the Resita 0-8-0t locomotives...
That had meant I shortened and lowered the cab a touch before cutting out a doorway. A matching side was then fabricated in the same manner. The footplate was added next and then the rear spectacle plate was made. I marked the centre of the windows, drilled a pilot hole, reamed it out with broaches and then a round file. The final size was achieved by using a tapered file and rotating it slowly.

I also removed the rear coupling to be refitted later. I was pondering what to use for a boiler and found an old pen of the perfect diameter so that has been cut up but needs some more work to fit properly.

More soon...

Comments