Romanian Krauss in 009: prototype and cab front...

Well thanks to a tip off from Peter (on NGRM) I realised that 763.193 may well have been modified from a Feldbahn type RIIIc. He sent me a scanned drawing and it reminded me of a type I'd seen in my Czech industrial narrow gauge book...

Low and behold I had so clearly it was built by more builders than just Krauss, there was even a few prototype photos. I suspect if it is the base if the Romanian forestry example that it has at some point been extensively modified with large tanks and some replacement parts on the cab.

On the subject of cabs I spent 45 minutes this evening fabricating the front the cab in the same manner as the rear. This was glued in place and left to dry before I smooth the corner as check for fit. It's starting to look promising to this bodger's eye!


More soon...






Comments

  1. Hi Jim, you are absolutely correct, several RIIIcs -
    then a standard engine type for Austrian field narrow-gauge railways - survived until now succesfully working on forest and heritage railways in Central Europe.

    Greetings from Czechia,
    hank

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.