PX48 in 009: more cab tinkering...

This evening I hadn't planned to do any more on the PX48, but I just wondered if the bottom tumblehome might actually be quite a quick job, I'd been plotting a method all day...
So out came the plasti-strut and filler. Very simply I superglued a section along the bottom edge, and then a thinner section above this to reduce the amount of filler required. Once dry I applied a piece of masking tape in line with the side walkways. Then Squadron 'white putty' was used, building it up over an hour or so before sanding back with one of my wife's old nail sanding sticks.
I think it's actually blooming effective, and yes, it does need neatening up a touch, but that can wait until I've done the roof, as now I've modified the tumblehome, that incorrect roof profile is really screaming now!
More soon...

Comments