Romanian Krauss in 009: water lift pump...

I've been pondering what to use for the curious water lift pump on the Krauss for some weeks, and had resigned myself to a scratch build. However, whilst looking at some of the body fittings on the N-gauge Bachmann USA Consolidation I wondered if something could be fashioned from the air brake pump...
I simply cut it in half in the end, and then drilled carefully some 0.9mm holes in the base and top so I could fit brass rod. The cross pipe is just 1mm OD plasti-rod.
You might also notice the mechanical lubricator, a Craftsman 4mm detailing part cut in half - I plan to add some extra detail to this - but it increases adhesive weight which is good :) This side view compared to that first photo on the thread shows how far this model has come, I'm getting really excited about finishing it now!
More soon...

Comments