Romanian Krauss in 009: detailing again...

It's been a few weeks since I worked on the Krauss properly and I'm always surprised how fast you can work in plasticard. Tonight I focused on adding some more detail to the chassis and the cab...
The big noticeable difference is I've added the cab window frames, these were to my own design and etched for me via Narrow Planet. I've also added a representation of the back head from the Langley Sir Drefaldwyn kit and the beading on the back of the cab ready for the loading chute.
I also took the opportunity to add some strengthening ribs to the cab roof area, these will also help attach the beer can roof when I fit that later.
On the chassis I fitted the rear deflector from L shaped plasticard, and I've cut an angle into the nylon cylinders - these bare little resemblance now to the original N gauge BR80 they were inherited from!
Finally, a shot alongside my GLR 3D Designs PX48, also sharing the workbench, which shows, despite it's 'cute' appearance, the Krauss is not as small as it seems! More soon...

Comments