Ruston 48DL in 009: primed...

I managed to get a coat of Halfords primer on the Ruston today and it has been run in - I've re-wired the pickups as my first effort had it running the opposite way to the rest of my stuff!
In terms of colours I think it will be standard black chassis and green body for this one - but it runs so well I may well try and model an earlier example at some point in the future. The only variation I made to this kit was to replace the fold up square lip for the coupling with some 0.7mm wire in the weight blocks buffer beams to act as a pin for standard 009 loops. More soon...

Comments

  1. Nice work James - tempted to build one myself but I have to justify it on my layout. Lyntonstation.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.