Kistenfabrik: more carving and a bike shed...

I knew when I started carving the block paving that it was going to be a labour of love...
It's actually quite addictive. I start by carving in the larger pattern and then go back and add the individual setts. The arrangement is deliberately random in places,  but takes inspiration from various photos I've found of German factories and colleges. In this photo you can also see the isolating switches have been worked into the roof of the warehouse. This now needs stripping apart for me to finish the building and paintwork.
I have also down a Wills bike shed to fit on the back of the warehouse. Originally in my head there was more space here so I could use more of the kit, but hey ho, it's another useful view block and typical of a factory so I'm happy with a more compact version.
The last new addition s some concrete panel fencing along the back of the layout - this is laser cut cardboard from Model Scene and it very effective in my opinion. I'm pleased with how it looks, and it breaks up the line that disappears down the back of the warehouse quite nicely :) More soon...

Comments