Quintus in 009: primed...

I forgot to take some progress photos this evening so I can only show you Quintus in primer, suffice to say she's ready for painting...

This evening I spent my time adding the finicky details so she now boasts injectors and associated pipework both sides of the tank (various plastic rod section) and some levers on the drivers side. I have also fitted some cab steps - hopefully robust enough to stand some handling, although I wish I'd had some etched. Finally the smokebox door hinges were added. Once happy I applied some filler to the gaps along the bottom of the smokebox and around the cab, and sanded this down.

As you can see the chassis is captive in the model so I masked the motor and drivetrain before priming with my usual Halfords 'plastic primer'. The drivetrain area will be carefully painted by hand whilst the rest of the model is airbrushed. I still plan on finishing her in dark green lined orange/black/orange - which could be fun now the injectors are fitted!
Definitely looking like a proper Manning Wardle now... more soon...
(Excuse the dodgy white balance - that's the issue with taking photos indoors under artificial light this time of year).

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.