LKM NS2 in 009: etch arrives and assembly...

After the success of my O&K body kit for the Minitrains chassis, the conversation that sparked that model was revisited at ExpoNG with Tim, and the thought of something to fit the Gmeinder chassis...
Well fast forward a few months and now the etch artwork has arrived for testing (thanks for sorting Steve) and I'm VERY pleased to announce the etches fit first time! On the etch there are three alternate cab sides (at the bottom) and two alternate cab front/backs (top right). This gives at least 6 variations from just one kit! You could always buy two bodies and get two full models.
I chose to actually build mine up with the prototypically accurate cab for the NS2 (rather than the dual window from the NS2f). This has gone together very nicely indeed and I'm very happy with the dimensional accuracy of both the Shapeways FUD print, and the etch.
You can see just how small this model is, when it's posed next to the Narrow Planet O&K. This diesel is about as small as you can realisatically go on the Minitrains Gmeinder chassis - the roof is a hairs breadth away from rubbing on the flywheel. However, I'm confident that the ease of assembly, the true scale nature, as well as the cuteness factor will appeal. When I finish it I'll pose it next to the Gmeinder to show just how small it is... More soon...

Comments