A Heywood loco in 006.5...

So it's started already... plans to convert my Busch NS2 into a Heywood 0-6-0 (like Tim) have begun...
To that end I found two old Minitrains F&C connecting rods and some small screws in the bits box. I carefully drilled out the Busch flycrank. I then filed down the head and tail of the screw so it would only go through the rod and the scre head wasn't so pronounced (although I may do a touch more on this once I've fabricated cylinders). The next step is to make up some new outside frames, attach some cylinders and see if I can get the rods to slide back and forth - the idea is to not do a proper valve gear with cross head, but as this is so tiny cheat a little. It's worked alright on Tim's example!
This is based on Ella, the smaller of Heywood's 0-6-0t but I've added full length tanks, but should still get a small smokebox on infront of these, so hopefully will have a Heywood character. If this doesn't work or look right then I will replace the Busch rods and build a small 0-4-0st like one of Brian Clarke's sketches, as I think I can mock up some valve gear with etched design and possible a 3D printed body...

Comments

  1. James, what is the source of the engine shed drawing in the first photo?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the 'Sir Arthur Heywood and the Minimum Gauge' book by Mark Smithers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.