Minimum gauge Hunslet in 006.5...

Well I didn't plan on progressing this project quite this quickly but I was poorly this week so had a little more day dream planning time and I was sketching on Paper on my iPad for ideas to fit my Decauville Busch H0f chassis...
It started with a Brian Clarke inspired saddle tank, but quickly progressed to a side tank to try and hide some of the motor block but actually see later I needn't have worried. I also wondered where Brian intended the coal to be carried on such a small footplate. Anyhow the side tank design took on a Hunslet appearance, and so I wondered about taking proportions from a Waril...
Looking at 15" Exmoor locos like 'Spirit of Adventure' I realised that with a dropped footplate the drive could stand so I tweaked the concept a little and started building. I cut down the Busch outside frame drastically and fabricated some new parts. The well tank at the front and the cab back sheet give some idea of proportions and the Brian Madge Quarry Hunslet smokebox and RT Models Hunslet Waril chimney fit but the front of the chassis block needed some deft work with a knife to reduce its width a touch.
The next job will be cab and tank sides when it will take on a much more complete appearance. More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.