Black Hawthorn in 009: Lady Jane...

I'd originally hoped to have these name plates fitted in time for NGSW when the Black Hawthorn made it's debut - alas they weren't quite ready in time, and it's been a few months before I got around to re-drawing them and adding them to the model...
But it was worth the wait - they've finished off the otherwise a tad plain maroon livery nicely, the worksplates especially are a work of art and a tribute to Steve's attention to detail. The name plates are custom artwork I drew up, deliberately with slightly mis-matched spacing and letter sizing, typical of the period for a small narrow gauge concern.
The weathered and finished model now sits patiently waiting another exhibition outing... or for me to start work on BoothsSiding! This is another of my engines that looks bigger than it is - here I think it look massive, and then you see it with the de-riguer Dapol workman driver and you realise I've really shrunk this down as small as I can on the chassis...
So my first 'Brian Clarke' inspiration can be considered finished. I hope it's inspired you to go and make your own models - and follow my lead, stealing Marsh Creek Miniatures tag line 'go make something awesome'! More soon...

Comments