Another 6.5mm gauge diesel: Jubilee finished...

Sometimes things just come together exactly as you plan, and that is the case with my latest 6.5mm gauge diesel locomotive...
Jubilee is based on the Perrygrove 15" Hunslet Jenbach diesel, as I explained in my earlier post. The 3D print has etched parts fitted, and I've finished it in a red livery, inspired by the prototype - but generic enough for use on my layouts.
I'm really happy with the bonnet doors, the etched louvres are incredibly fine and I was worried they'd be obscured by paint but they still look very fine indeed. The cab is largely etched, which allows pretty much flush glazing to be fitted - very effective on this TINY locomotive.
The final shot shows the model in use on my layout, Creech Grange where it looks very much at home. I've ordered the production prints from Shapeways, so just need to sort the instructions and etches and then it will be available through Narrow Planet in the 6point5 range. More soon...

Comments