Commission: Empire in 006.5...

It's great when a customer asks me to work on one of my own kits, and I've recently completed this model using the 6point5 Avonside as the basis of a custom build...
The kit is still quite new and I've not seen many finished yet, revisiting it myself reminded me of how neat the assembly process is, and it was interesting to finish it in a slightly different configuration with the full cab back. The finish is both airbrushed green Humbrol 131, touched in with brush for the red, metallic and black parts - and it's lined using Fox yellow/black lining transfers, finished with dull-cote.
Very lightly weathered with Humbrol 98, and real coal in the bunkers, the finishing touch of my usual RT models footplate clutter, in this case a large oil can.
Contact me using the website form above, or a message on the forum or Facebook, if you are interested in me completing a model for yourself. More soon...

Comments