Bagnalls in 009: finished...

The pair of Narrow Planet Bagnalls I have been working on for a few months are finally finished...

The kits were fun to put together - the prototype kit I tested didn't allow for the direct fitting of the dome and chimney so it wasn't until after release at ExpoNG that I could get my hands on a complete production kit - and I decided a pair (with one to sell) would be quite nice to work on in the evenings over Christmas...



Alas the 7/8ths bug took over so they're taken a little longer than expected! The kits have been added to with some brass wire and plastic strip to add levers and such, as well as fitting with RT Models Penryhn couplings. Finished in a mid green with yellow black lining (Fox N gauge) they're supposed to evoke a feel of Bagnall's standard livery. The name plates are actually Heywood engines, but they suited this small locomotive nicely.

One of the pair is finished as a 2-4-0 with inclined cylinders and motion covers. The second is left as a 0-6-0 but has the drive modified to connect with the centre axle, both options catered for in the Narrow Planet kit.



If you'd like me to build, paint or weather your own kit then get in touch via the tab and form at the top of this page. More soon...

Comments

  1. Very nicely done. My only cavil is the cylinder bore looks a bit beefy compared to the boiler. Not sure anything can be done about it as you're stuck with trying to hide the Minitrains' cylinders.

    Otherwise, they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.