Vowchurch 006.5: Taffson Evans and Jenkins 0-4-0st...

The second part of my Vowchurch project in 006.5 sees the locomotive, a Taffson Evans and Jenkins 0-4-0st (from the imagination of Brian Clarke) move towards completion...
This tiny model is 006.5, and could be described as 'cute' - finished in GWR livery, because Brian's sketches included one of the 4 locomotives in that livery. I have used the original 'as built' drawing he produced with a taller cab, and still, it will be a tight squeeze for my usual Dapol workmen based driver figures.
The chassis is a Busch Deutz, and uses the same format for cranks as on the Heywood Katie and my Avonside kit. This prototype uses an RT Models chimney, Narrow Planet dome and scratchbuilt water filler. The kit will include the dome and chimney, as well as the 3D parts and etches, the water filler will be designed as part of the tank on the production kits.
The model is a lovely little runner, and is genuinely tiny! Here seen with a GWR gunpowder wagon, I must try and get a photo with some more 'typical' sized 009 models so you can see what you get in 006.5! a lot more in a smaller space, with beautifully crafted slow running mechanisms (courtesy of Busch!).
In the coming week, I plan to start the Vowchurch layout, and finish the two slate wagons - so I'll share more as the overall project comes together.


More soon...

Comments