Visiting an old friend...

I've not seen my good friend Tim for quite a few months, and unfortunately despite being up north he wasn't able to pop down and see me and the garden railway, so I packed a few things in a box and went to see him instead...
He had brought a few projects along to show me - see my Polish stock and beyond the 7/8ths stuff in the background. The black engine is a Mountaineer Models Kerr Stuart, which is a 3D print and has come out nicely, although I'm not entirely convinced by the chassis, it does look a touch long of the design, but the print is great. In grey primer, from left to right there is a Robex 'Spooner' locomotive, that Tim has shortened and looks superb on a Graham Farish 03 chassis. Next over is a Narrow Planet Bagnall, and third is the Bachmann US Skarloey with cut down cab and chassis.
Also lurking on the right of the last shot is a Pechot Bourdan he's working on for a Kato bogie chassis. We had a good chat and talked about plans for future layouts, both of us struggling to find the mojo to build replacement layouts to our initial 009 exploits (Grindley Brook for Tim, and Creech Bottom for me). More soon though, I'm sure...

Comments