First run since overhaul

This morning I couldn't resist a bit of a 'coffee break' steam up. These days I work from home so this is easily possible, the only danger is it taking a little longer than a cup of coffee...
I was excited to see how the locomotive performed after I'd resprayed it, and to see it in the garden again. Suffice to say it works well still, and the paintwork survived intact. It's lighter shade looks great, and the new buffer beams look much more at home, and in fact the lighter shade of red I have used works really well in the garden.
I played as if it was an indoor model railway, shuffling wagons between the wharf, mill and quarry. A few tweaks are required to couplings and I need to remember they work better in certain combinations but no real problems and lots and lots of fun!
The engine looks great with the toned down finish... these two shots show how realistic the garden can be - can you believe I only built the railway in the spring!
I must get around to cutting some glass for the windows, and I can't wait to add the finishing touches and add a little dry brushing to the model to bring it to life.
Sorry for yet more photos, but it was fun playing and they're taken really to help me start to plan out more scenic detail in the near future.
More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.