Beamish narrow gauge...

A visit to the North East usually means stopping in at Beamish, and this year I wanted to see if I could see more evidence of the 2ft gauge tramway slowly being established near the pit village...
First of all I came across a few trucks outside the stable block. The small tub wagon strikes me as eminently model able and I may well put something together on this in the future. Perhaps even a collaboration with another modeller to produce a small batch of 7/8th and 16mm kits?
Walking a little further I came across the Simplex and some rolling stock, parked up out of use on a weedy siding and unaccessible... this was as close as I could get...
No sign of Samson. I walked a little further and then, through a black smiths enclosure I spied her hiding in a little shed with a lovely pantile roof... so not only locked away, locked away through another enclosure not accessible to the public. A little disappointed the sooner they can get a small shed for her where visitors can see the locomotive up close the better!
As well as the narrow gauge I enjoyed the plate way, and took a few photos for helping with weathering wagons in the future.
All in all, a good day out, just a shame that at present the 2ft is not really established... still with time there is promise for a lovely characterful demonstration line! More soon...

Comments