Recent 009 commissions...

A lot of large scale modelling taking place on the workbench at the moment, but there have been a number of 009 models recently finished and a few started...
The first of these is a Simplex - this uses a Shapeways print and a Kato Centram motor bogie, which has been modified with a resistor to protect the motor, and fitted with some small pads to give the correct ride height. The 3D print has been cleaned up and I've started to add details. The underside features as much lead weight as I can get in for now - I may need to add some more to improve performance, although the driver is white metal as well.

Secondly I am scratch building a Hudswell Clarke pannier tank on the Minitrains Decauville chassis. This looks a really useful chassis for a few ideas, so I intend to measure it up for some possible kit options - I suspect the Hudswell or Barclay 0-6-0wt from the Great War would be possible.
Finally, I've been working on a layout commission, which has been exciting, although somewhat frustrating as it highlights my lack of progress on my own 009 layout. This one uses exclusively Peco Set-rack and so far I've built the boards, got the scenery basics done and laid and painted the track. More soon as the project progresses... Contact me using the form on here if you're interested in me undertaking your project!


James
Sent from my iPhone

Comments