Snailbeach Baldwin in 009...

Some time ago I did pick up one of the new Bachmann RTR Baldwin 10-12D WDLR locomotives in 009, it's a beautiful model and although I was tempted to sell it on, I decided instead to personalise it somewhat...
I'd quite fancied modelling one of the Snailbeach examples for a forthcoming 009 project, so I flicked through the Twelveheads book and settled on Number 4. Out came the craft knife and I removed the vacuum brake gear.
As well as the brakes I also relocated a valve from the back to the front of the dome, and removed the lamp irons. The holes were filled and now need painting with black paint.
Next up I will paint the buffer beams red. I've drawn up some simple transfers for the No. 4 lettering on the front beam, and ordered custom 722 works number side tank plates from Narrow Planet.
Finally she'll get a good weathering! More soon...

Comments