The Dyfrdwy Tramway: 7/8ths visitors...

Last week I was lucky enough to host Dave Mees and Peter Bakke visiting the line, the weather stayed dry, if overcast, and we spent a happy few hours talking trains and driving them...
Peter brought his Accucraft Decauville - a beautiful model, and size wise, perfect for the tramway. Alas this was yet to be fitted with R/C and as a manual model, and sprung, it proved a little lively for the inconsistent track work on the tramway.
After a few 'spills' it ended up in the siding at the mill...
Peter also brought his modified Swift Sixteen 'Tin Turtle' WDLR Simplex. He has opened the sides and modified the protected 'roof' to give a little extra headroom. This is 45mm gauge and so is placed on a piece of suitable track on the wharf. It makes an interesting size comparison with my own scratch built Simplex 40S.
Finally I thought it might be useful to compare the height of the Decauville with my estate coach, showing again, how dinky this rolling stock I have created is! Small even by Decauville standards!
It was lovely to play trains though and I hope to host more visitors in the future. More soon...

Comments