Russell in 009: weathering...

I do tend to work on locomotives in parallel, as such my Robex 'Russell' has gone through the workbench at the same time as the Bachmann Baldwin also shared recently...
This model has been weathered with washes and airbrushing, to add subtle variation to the finish. Washes of Humbrol 98 to the front foot plate and tank tops, and airbrushed from the underside for road dirt, Humbrol 110 from above to bleach the colour on the boiler and add 'texture' to the roof before Humbrol 33 on the top for soot and coal dust.
There is  still a little way to go on this engine. I will add some water staining on those large tank sides, and I'm waiting on some custom 'Russell' plates from Narrow Planet. It will also need a crew (to hide the worm gear on the cab) and some window spectacles. When finished I plan on a 'last hurrah' of Creech Bottom getting some photos for a new article I'm planning, before the layout gets scrapped. At that stage I'll decide whether to sell Russell on or keep her tucked away for the future.
More soon...

Comments