Snailbeach No.4: finishing...

When Bachmann announced their Baldwin I was struggling to see how I could use the model in my various layout schemes, but the book on the Snailbeach Light Railway by Twelveheads Press gave me all the inspiration I needed...
As previously on the blog, this model is based upon the 'pristine' Bachmann 590. It has had various alterations to match photos in the Snailbeach book and has been fitted with custom works plates and the relevant number on the buffer beam from custom designed transfers.
The model was finished with washes and airbrushed dirt which has brought the dull black livery to life, a mix of matt and satin surfaces that reflect the light differently with dirt, road dirt, soot etch deposited in the right places.
I have put this model on eBay if you're interested in owning it, as I'm trying to concentrate my modelling in a smaller sphere - and if you've got a Bachmann Baldwin I'd be happy to undertake commissions to modify, fit plates, weather or what have you. Get in touch for a price and proposal. More soon...

Comments