Commission: Polar Bear in 7/8ths...

One of the largest items I've completed, this model of the Groudle Glen 'Polar Bear' BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) was assembled from the Yatton Engineering kit for a customer...
It's been a bit of a labour of love to seal, fill and smooth the wood grain to get this finish - but I'm pleased with how it's come out. It has been painted in Humbrol enamels and sealed with dull-cote. The cream and black were airbrushed, and the maroon was hand painted over a hand painted red-oxide undercoat.
The model, now it's finished, is growing on me as a prototype. It's certainly colourful. This is a battery model, and is fitted with a simple centre off direction switch in the cab. The lights at each end work in the direction of travel, and the batteries are housed in the 'Bear' end under the handrails which hold the panel in place.
I've still to fit couplings, but my plan is to do these when the coaches are ready, so I can get a consistent height. If you'd like you're own model of Polar Bear in any scale, or any other model for that matter, get in touch using email, a message on the forum or via my Facebook page. More soon...

Comments

  1. Getting rid of the wood grain is one of the reasons my kit is still sat on the shelf. I know the prototype well and it's very much made of metal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Phil - this was sanding sealer'd, sanded, primed, filled, sanded, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, sanded, painted and then sealed with Dull-cote!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.