Friday update: Ten five nineteen...

It seems like as commissions come and go I don't tend to share the ad-hoc progress made on my own and customers models, so this is the first of an undoubtably irregular 'Friday update'...

As well as work on the final pair of 7/8ths Groudle Glen coaches (more on that next week) work has also progressed on the batch of Hudson Hunslet locomotives with most major components now sourced. Back on the physical work bench a pair of Chivers Tralee and Dingle Hunslet locomotives have begun their restoration with new chassis fitted and broken parts replaced. Some super detailing on this pair is next on the cards.

I've also managed a trip over to see Steve Milner - partly business, but we managed a lot of 7/8ths chat and I took the Alan Keef to show him, we posed it on his truly remarkable diarama of Penrhyn Quarry! Hopefully Steve can bring some of his wonderful models over to the Dyfrdwy Tramway in the coming weeks...
Finally I've bagged up a small batch of parts that are branded 'James Hilton CMR', perhaps the first of many, as details I generate for my own or customers models are made available. Tjis first example are pairs of 74xx Pannier supports to convert the OO gauge Bachmann 64xx where a front open frame is appropriate. These will shortly be available for £4.50 including U.K. p&p, I'll have a 'shop' page on here shortly.
I hope that window on my workbench was interesting, I'll try to d one when I have an otherwise quiet week on the blog. More soon....

Comments