Friday update: Twenty-four five nineteen...

It's been another busy week here, with not much work crossing the finish line on my own or customer projects, but an exciting week never the less...
The biggest job this week has been drawing up and ordering the 2D CAD (thence laser cut wood parts) for a customer commission, a pair of coaches and a wagon in 1/12th scale, fully custom designed from a concept, through the CAD work and soon into 3D reality. It's been fun working on something this big, although when I get all the stuff in I really think I'm going to need a bigger workshop! The dog, our miniature Dachshund is always happy to help, or at least sit with me whilst I'm working!
I've also been working on some more 7/8ths figures... the chap on the left is for a customer, a Model-earth 'Jaques' figure designed to fit on the lovely Accucraft Decauville. He is painted and weathered with acrylics from the Games Workshop range. The chap on the right, is a personal project, and alongside the gunpowder van shown elsewhere on the blog, is another step forward for the Dyfrdwy Tramway. He is a limited edition, sadly sold out, of Model-earth figures, based loosely on George Batty originally sculpted for the Garden Rail 'Jack' build project. I've posed him so he will stand nicely in the new Hudson HUnset prototype. It's a shame he's sold out as he's a good figure for this locomotive, anyhow, similarly painted in Games Workshop acrylic, oh and another first for me, I've used a 1.5mm brass peg in the neck so that their heads are posable!

Work has also continued, between damp days, on the Groudle Glen coaches, nearly finished now just awaiting sealing with dull-cote and couplings, and the Tralee and Dingle pair have got new smokebox door handles and a lot of extra detail - albeit not finished yet, a few more pipe runs and handrails to add before I can prime them!
Finally, I've been ordering more parts and cleaning up the first batch of 3D printed components for the Hunslet build, these have been rinsed in white spirit which removes the waxy residue and gives a good surface to work with - here are the radiators, axle boxes, coupling blocks and engine blocks along with brakes and some other details... Still to come are wheels, battery, RC gear and the laser cut parts, all in good time. As I say, the workshop is filling up. More soon...

Comments

  1. it is exciting to see the HH parts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What plastic do you use for your laser cutting and 3d printing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.