Friday update: Seventeen five nineteen...

Well I thought I'd try my hand at a second of these Friday updates, for models and commissions in progress that otherwise wouldn't be seen these days until they're complete, and to share what I've been up to...
First of all, although this is a personal project I have been commissioned to produce a kit of the parts in a larger scale... this of course is my White Pass and Yukon GE Shovelnose diesel in TTn9, basically scaled down to fit the available chassis, but working quite nicely on 9mm gauge (which is a touch over scale). In the past few weeks I drew up the distinctive script and numbers and had them printed for me by John at Precision Labels - a great job, and they've gone on very well. If you have a transfer/decal commission I'm happy to generate and proof artwork, as well as sourcing them direct providing you a one stop shop - contact me via the website contact form, Facebook or forum messaging.
Secondly, one of the pair of more modern Groudle Glen coaches is nearing completion, with the second in primer. These large models are from the Peter Yatton kits - well designed although not always the easiest to finish, this one has had a lot of work to disguise and hide the slots and tabs present in the bodysides. They'll have their own post when complete....
It was nice to see in the latest issue of Continernal Modeller (June 2019) this week that a lovely layout by Laurent Vandermotte featured a number of my kits - the Polish LAS was a nice surprise, I sell these from time to time on Shapeways, but the etch has to be ordered from Narrow Planet separately. The O&K and Diema are also nicely finished, and the layout itself is a wonderfully evocative rendition of a Romanian forestry line.
Finally, a personal project, I'm looking to fit this sand dome from Model-earth to my Andrew Barclay live steam locomotive. Discussions with a friend on the best way to secure it, it will need a bit more tidying up and fabrication before painting, and then fitting.

I hope this insight into what is happening behind the scenes is interesting - and not to self indulgent. If you'd like to commission me to produce your dream model I'm happy to take commissions in any scale, gauge or prototype. Contact me using the form on the website, Facebook or one of the forum messaging systems. More soon...

Comments