Friday Update: Twenty Seven Three Twenty...

Such good weather this week has seen large scale models being painted, they're often difficult to spray when the weather is colder and wetter, but conditions have been nearly perfect...
The first is this Alan Keef K12 that has now been painted bright 'Keef' orange - the seat and window seals will be picked out black, and the chimney/exhaust in metal. I've designed and ordered some waterslide transfers for the distinctive 'K' logos each end.
Secondly, the green on the 'Whimshire' style locomotive was deemed to dark so a second attempt sees a much brighter green selected - here sprayed on a small square of plastic to check against some other greens for my customer. Before this can be applied, I have agreed to spray the upper interior of the cab in a cream colour so once dry this can be masked and the green applied.
Finally, I've been lining another of the Hudson Hunslets - seen here with a few tools of the trade. You need a nice gloss paint finish (to allow the lining to be wiped off if it goes wrong), a bow ben and some templates/guides - I've used an old N gauge pony truck wheel set and a metal rule. It's beginning to look the part, and once complete will be heavily weathered to represent one that has seen many years use in the quarry, so I'm thinking of sponging on some pink to fade the paintwork too...

I hope these regular distractions and ramblings are still of interest. Plenty of variety in the week ahead, I will share what I can when I can, in the meantime, more soon...

Comments

  1. Looks good James, of course it’s all still of interest 😀 just becomes hard to think of new compliments! Lovely work with the bow pen, I always think the tiny imperfections of hand lining are a bit more realistic than perfect transfers i the larger scales.
    Harry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.