Dyfrdwy Tramway: Steam on a Thursday...

It's been lovely weather this week but I've been busy with customer commissions again, working around looking after the kids, but this afternoon decided I could find the time to have a short steam up on the tramway...

The Andrew Barclay ran superbly, got a good 45 minutes running today - I am definitely definitely definitely saving up for a Slo-mo though, as although it's possible to shunt without one, I think it would transform operations on the tramway. There are too many spots where the line gradients mean a train runs away, and then needs more steam to go up the next hill... Anyway, down at the wharf at the start of the afternoon gunpowder about to be taken up to the quarry... 
Later on slab being brought down to the mill sidings, along with the empty slate waste wagon...
Shunting operation leads to a long train...
Finally, as steam ran out the Hudson Hunslet was summoned to collect all the stock along the line and return it down to the wharf...
It always puts a smile on my face, running trains. I've got the timber bolsters here to finish, and a pair of new skip chassis to be converted into flats for the more modern slate waste extraction traffic. Beyond, I'd like to use one of the Model-earth Churchwater chassis to build a 'crew' van, basically a shed on wheels, for the quarry staff. More soon...

Comments