Friday Update: Three Four Twenty...

Second full week of shutdown here in the UK and I've found my mojo waning a little as mental health mood drops - but as Terry Waite said, it's about your mindset and keeping creative and working on my own projects a little more this week, along with some more top-secret stuff with a few modelling friends has kept me feeling more positive...
First up this week - some easy personalisation of the Accurascale NCB internal user wagons by adding some Planet Industrials markings from PIC-001 and PIC-002 sheets. These go on nicely, and match the works finish well. I intend to weather these to represent well used wagons.
I love building kit wagons - another three on the workbench this week... a Parkside Palvan (destined for Mollington Road), Parkside 7 plank (NCB project) and a Cambrian Herring (to be determined, originally for Arenig/Bala branch). These are all painted and back two now need the chassis painting before transfers applying, sealing and weathering.
In between commission work I've added a camber to the road on Mollington Road, bought a few cars (see outside the surgery) and have sealed the plaster with a coat of primer. I need to add another coat, perhaps of some oil paint or something to seal it, and then I'll paint the track before beginning on ground cover - although I must finish the buildings before too much longer! My least favourite part of layout building.
The 'Whimshire' loco has had the black parts painted black, the back head detail painted, the rods touched in in red and the lining on the tanks is complete - although I need to line the rear cab sheet now they're dry. Next up will be to add a second coat of black, possibly lightened a touch to improve appearance, and then seal with dull-cote before fitting the window spectacles.
This week also sees the release of the new Devonport transfer packs through Planet Industrials - the packs are just £3 and include enough markings for one vehicle, designed for cab 58, but also suitable for representing other vehicles, the 7 plank shown here is, apart from the number, based on the appearance of a vehicle in Paul Burkhalter's book. 

Have a good weekend, stay safe and read books... More soon...

Comments