Friday Update: Seventeen Four Twenty...

Only a short update this week, as it's already been busy on the blog, and there isn't much else to share that you've not read about already. I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend and is bearing up ok...
I've been working on Pride of Gwent in the last few days, this is a modified Bachmann 03 modified to represent an industrial example used at Gwent Coal in Newport in the 1980s. This one has been re-painted and fitted with custom design transfers to my own design. The nameplates above the bonnet were added today, very fiddly. I will write a proper blog about the project soon, so for now, here is is shown with the Planet Industrials NCB Barclay, that should be back in stock next week, which shows just how tiny the Barclay is compared to what is actually quite a small diesel!
You've probably read about it already, but most of the week has been working on this lovely S-scale GE 70t - a real pleasure to put together such a well designed kit, and well written instructions. Finally, I've made some progress on my Bedford lorry in 7/8ths. This is a custom order from PDF models and has needed a lot of smoothing to get the cab anything like right - unfortunately in this larger scale the compromises in shape are a little more obvious - but I can't do much else with it now. The model comes as a long wheelbase, I've cut this down to a SWB version so that I can fabricate a small tipper body.
I hope you have a good weekend - if you've any projects you'd like me to look at for you furring the lock down, I'm happy to consider anything in any scale, gauge, prototype - as well as offering a micro layout design and build service. Contact me on Facebook, the blog or one of the forums for more information and a personal proposal. More soon...

Comments