Mollington Road: Buildings...

It's been a productive weekend of modelling, I've managed to have a holiday from commission work and focus purely on my own projects and it's been a real tonic. It's also been nice to exchange a few messages with good modelling friends, a welcome distraction from the situation in the real world...
Mollington Road, my small micro OO layout, has made visible progress - the track is ballasted and the weathering process has started and I've finally made some ground on the buildings. These were built a month or so ago, but they're the least favourite part of model making for me... so I struggle a bit to get on with them. However, they're beginning to show real progress - I'm particular pleased with the surgery building, which passes as any sort of industrial structure in this setting. This has a real charm and character that you can't get with using kits or ready to plant structures.
The shed in the background, the old Transit in the foreground with it's wheels set on an angle, I'm getting excited about finishing this in the coming months - it should prove a great back drop for photos, but equally, I've had a very pleasant time operating - it's so simple but shuttling wagons back and forth and switching their order or position is good fun.
The gatehouse, seen here, is supposed to be a sliding window, I will add some slight interior and a sign in the window - I need to work out the road surfaces, what will be tarmac what will be concrete, as well as some sort of gate!
The view along the line makes it look longer than it is - the idea will be this will be more overgrown than the works spur, but still in good nick. I'm taking inspiration from Trafford Park with this layout, so that's the aim - if it evokes a little of that, mixed in with Devonport I'll be happy! More soon...

Comments