Striped pair...

Well I keep meaning to start on my G-scale projects but I keep coming back to these pair of 009 models...
It's probably convenience rather than anything else, they're both on the 'home straight' and it's nice to finish things off. So what's been happening since my last blog?

First up is Wasp - I've added glazing from 40thou clear Evergreen styrene - so this model, apart from touching up the chassis and body colour in a few places, is ready for weathering.




So what about Viking? I've fitted some white striping to the edges of the buffer beams. This is cut from a Microscale sheet for Canadian Pacific diesel locomotives, and was actually quite easy to apply in the end, I think it add a more modern touch to the locomotive.

As well as the buffer beam stripes I've also added a couple of detail transfers to the side, the 'words' are from a Canadian Pacific diesel transfer sheet and say something about disconnecting multiple unit connections, the data panel and overhead warning flash are from Fox.

There is a little repair work and detail painting to complete on Viking before it's ready for weathering, but I'm pleased with how it's coming along so far :)

Comments