PX48 in 009: chassis fitted...

Another little update on the PX48, I had intended to leave this until Christmas but it's an engine I have such a soft spot for I couldn't help myself...
So after chopping 2mm out of the boiler earlier in the week tonight saw even more drastic surgery as I took a knife to the inside of the boiler to carve out all the bits intended to help mount the Graham Farish 8F chassis when using the H0e model.
Once I was happy the body sat level I superglued the two halves together. I plan to fill the gap between the boiler and smokebox and then I'll add a coat of primer and rub it down before adding details. More soon...

Comments

  1. Hello James!
    I also have begun to build the Px 48, which has been for one season at Bregenzerwaldmuseumsbahn in Vorarlberg.
    I have changed the Graham F. wheeles, which are really fine but too large, against wheels from a Minitrix V60, which are scale and the tender wheeles against spokewheels 7mm from Sehling, the boogieframes from Liliput are now shortened. If you are interested, have a look to the german "schmalspurmodellforum".
    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.