Romanian Krauss in 009: custom funnel...

I wasn't happy with the whitemetal and plastic funnel I'd made for the Krauss. Although the spark arrestor looked ok, the diameter of the funnel seemed too thick...

A fellow modeller, Paul, came to the rescue. He has recently bought a lathe and offered to turn me a replacement to my dimensions. The result is superb! A really lovely piece of custom work that will really help to lift the quality of the finished model! Thanks Paul!

So this evening I couldn't help but fit it - I'm pretty happy, I think it looks spot on -perhaps a touch too tall but it should still fit in the engine shed!

I also have acquired a spark arrestor funnel for my Minitrains Krauss - this is somewhat easier to fit being simply a screw fit to replace the straight version that comes as standard on the black version of this small cute engine.

The relative size of the H0e model vs my 4mm creation though is giving me concerns about how much it will be used - it was bought as a way of getting my daughter involved in the layout - so I suspect it will stay with it's standard body, but it is tiny compared to 4mm stuff...

The final photo for tonight show that although the Krauss sometimes looks quite big it's the same size as the Vale of Rheidol diesel - both width, length and height. Interesting... anyway, more soon when I hope to progress the front smokebox and chassis on the Krauss, and fit the 08 chassis to the VofR diesel. More soon...


Comments