Romanian Krauss in 009: boiler fittings...

This evening the scratch build Romanian Krauss took a big step towards realism with the addition of funnel, dome and sand dome...
The funnel and spark arrester were puzzling me because I had no idea how to construct them. Tim came to the rescue with a selection of spark arrester castings. I modified one to represent the prototypes distinctive profile, using my mini drill to carefully cut it to size.
The funnel is simply some plastic tube I had available. It has a Roco funnel inside it so it is securely fixed to the boiler. I have also added a generator to the side of the chimney, which appears on the prototype. I'm concerned it is a little fat but we'll see when it's painted.
The final thing is the addition of the smokebox door, which was cut roughly to size and then turned carefully in the mini drill.

The model is now a little top heavy, so I will look to add a little extra weight to the model at the base of the cab. More soon...

Comments