PX48 in 009: new dome and chimney...

The main issue with the GLR print of the PX48 was the oval dome. Kindly Paul turned me a replacement as well as doing a chimney...

The downside of the 3D print is the thickness of the material which made removing the original dome quite a task but it was achieved with a razor saw, mini drill, big drill and a pair of craft knifes. The chimney was a little easier.

In the process the boiler and smokebox parted company which actually made things easier, however the join needs refilling along with filling the dome into position too!

I mentioned a mini drill, I also used I to burnish the edges visible along the length of the boiler, hopefully their appearance will be greatly reduced when I prime it now!

I'm much happier with the outline silhouette and am looking forward to getting a coat of primer on it soon...

Comments