Polish LAS in 009: heavy weather...

I do smile when I think about my modelling work bench and how I flit between projects. Last night was the turn of the LAS to receive a little more attention...
The first thing you'll notice is the body looks like I have applied a coat of white primer - but all I have done is wash it in white spirit to ensure I removed any traces of wax from the printing process. It has shown that the details printed are nice and crisp, but there is a rough surface finish that will need abrading smooth.
The second thing I have been tinkering with is improving the running of the Fleischmann chassis. I have substantially cut the chassis down and it had never run as smooth as I'd seen other BR80s, so I had if I'm honest become a little despondent with this project. However with the body rinsed in white spirit I could think about adding some weight - as you can see the boiler and side tanks are as full with Eileen's fluid lead as I could make them - this is simply poured in (carefully) and secured with drops of superglue. The chassis itself has been inspected and I have adjusted the pickups and checked the back to back finding the middle axle wide to gauge. Having corrected these faults and adding the weight to the body I'm pleased to say running is greatly improved. More soon...

Comments