Talyllyn Coach no.4 in 009...

I'm planning on building a short mixed train to use on my good friend Tim's Grindley Brook Wharf so whilst at the Talyllyn railway over Easter I picked up a few kits...
 
The first of these fell together in less than half an hour and is extremely cleanly moulded. The plastic parts have little flash and assemble very nicely indeed. There is even a basic interior. 
My intention is to paint my coaching stock in an austere musky red, so have chosen an old bottle of Polyscale box car red, left over from my Canadian HO modelling in the 1990s. I will paint the chassis Matt black with a touch of chocolate before a gentle weathering. I plan also to add some little handrails and paint the drop lights in the doors in a varnished wood colour. The interior will have blue seats and cream end panels.
I am considering drawing up some transfers for these, but that can wait for now. More soon...

Comments