LKM Ns2 in 009...

Fairly recently I drew up the Minitrains Gmeinder chassis in Sketchup. I had thought about offering a Deutz OMZ117/122 hybrid with inside frames...
However with Stuart Brewer's kit - I took it no further. I then looked at whether an 'enlarged' Ruston could be fitted around the chassis but alas, no it ended up ridiculously over-scale. So when browsing through another 'feldbahn' website looking for ideas for a new project I found the LKM NS2.

Now the benefit of this I thought would be the fact I could re-use some etch design I did recently on the Hungarian forestry diesel. The NS2 is only 1mm over length, and 1mm too tall (that's less than 3%) to fit the Minitrains chassis. I think it looks very promising - so I'll tweak up the rest of the artwork and get a test print ordered!
Compared to the Gmeinder body, it's smaller, and smaller still than the Deutz - so I'm happy with the concept - and that it will look well on my new factory in a box concept but more on that another day...

Comments