Quintus in 009: details...

My order from RT Models arrived today so I've made a start on some of the details on Quintus...

The saddle tank filler is actually from the 4mm Austerity item. I did get the Manning Wardle one too, but preferred the way the Austerity one looked on the tank. I also fitted the Manning Wardle springs - these are a touch oversize but are neater than I could scratch build consistently. The smokebox dart is also fitted, but the hinge and strapping are not yet. The Penryhn buffers are set at the correct height using my RT coupling height gauge and finally you can see the jack and bucket posed on the footplate.
Now the last few details are the clack valves and feed pipework, sand boxes, and smokebox door hinges. Once these are done then I'll need to do a little filling here and there - and then I'll add some Archer rivets to the buffer beams. More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.