Musing over: boiler fittings...

I think it may well be over 12 months since I did any work on my Neil Sayer 'La Meuse' kit - suffice to say with talk over Christmas with friends, and the number of sugar beet layouts appearing on NGRM, I fancied making a final push to complete the model...
I have a few parts left to fit, and the buffer beam hooks and cab footsteps will be soldered, but I think everything else from here on in will be superglued. I have fitted the boiler, smokebox and fittings this evening, exquisite lost wax castings - beutifully manufactured. Next up will be detailing the back head, which will be painted out of the model and fitted before the roof is finally added. The water tank filler lids need fabricating, and the aforementioned steps need soldering up. More soon...
By way of comparison, I thought I'd show the La Meuse with two 009 cousins - a Polish PX48 (750mm prototype) and Bosnian Jung (600mm prototype)...

Comments