PX48 in 009: one side...

It's been nearly 12 months since the GLR Designs PX48 has graced my work bench...

Digging through my modelling cupboard, and designing parts for my C2 project prompted me to get this loco out and start to look what was left for getting her finished.
In the end I decided to make a start by adding the pipework to one side of the boiler. First though I scraped my knife along the 'edges' of the boiler where the original 3D artwork had too few polygons to get a smooth round edge... I hoped this would all but disguise this feature with a later blow over of primer - and it has!
I studied prototype photos and it's not perfect but it's getting there! There are still a few bits to add, a handrail in front of the cab, and some more fiddly bits to the air pump and turbo generator but I'm pleased - I had lost faith a little in the quality of the material (White strong and flexible) compared to my brass and FUD models - but I think it's worth soldiering on and finishing this build - it then will need a layout! I'd say more soon, but who knows!

James
Sent from my iPhone

Comments