Davenport in 009: etch testing...

The first test of the etches for my Davenport gas mechanical arrived today thanks to Steve at Narrow Planet...
It didn't take long for me to dig out the snips, file, tweezers and superglue and fit the prototype etches to the prototype body and apart from the cab doors being about 0.5mm to tall and needing filing down a touch it all fits perfectly.
I'm really thrilled with how it's come out and can't wait to add the handles and headlight before starting to paint it!
For those interested in how big it is, I've posed it with a ruler. It's quite wide, but it's squat in appearance compared to other stock (as was the inspiration).
What do you think? More soon...

Comments

  1. To sad, that I restricted myself to european narrow gauge in only when modelling in Hon30/009...
    That loco comes great James!
    Gerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerd thanks for the comment - and I'm sure you can break the rules! How about a new US outline lumber line 'micro' layout on those lovely boxes you use? You could get one of my Davenports and one of Koala Creek's Porters... Or a sugar cane project? Get a Narrow Planet Hudswell and one of these as well? I'm considering doing one with an 'open' frame cab for hotter climates! (my model is theoretically being sent to the Yukon, so will need as much protection from the weather as possible!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.