Sirdar in 009: riveting stuff

I've been pushing on slowly with my Sirdar, and following the developments of a fellow NGRMer who is building a sister (Diana) from scratch...
Latest progress is starting to add some of the rivet detail to the smokebox and side tanks. I have some way to go but I prefer to do these in sections so they can dry thoroughly before I add further transfers. They are Archers resin waterslide transfers, and are a resin rivet on a transfer backing. Easy to apply but expensive, I got mine from DCC supplies a few years ago and they've come in handy for quite a few projects in that time.

Eagle eyed readers will also note the in-correct pattern chimney. I felt the previous version, very kindly turned for my by Paul, was too tall and slightly too fat when I compared with photos... so at present Sirdar is sporting a Hunslet one from RT Models. We'll see if I revise it a second time...
More soon...

Comments