Pamela in 009: finished...

Well despite my initial misgivings about Pamela tonight saw her finished (bar a crew)...
So how do I feel now? Hmmm interesting - I think it's actually quite an interesting (albeit quite large) prototype. I know mine isn't prototypical, but I hope the quality of the finish makes up for the custom colours and name. On top of dry brushing gun-metal, washes of chocolate and matt black this evening I airbrushed on some leather as a dust from above, and chocolate from the underside (road dirt) and black from above (soot).
So why Eleanor? Simple - my daughter's name and she's helping with the slate quarry micro we're building for ExpoNG.
As way of comparison, I also finished the Brian Madge Hunslet with some weathering this evening. This has really finished off this lovely little locomotive...
Both Pamela and No.4 are destined for the same project - hence the similar colour scheme. You should notice that Eleanor is a little brighter, and the curve radius is larger - this was deliberate. Same line, same workshop, but at different times and hence paintwork different ages and styles.
More soon (when they've some stock to haul!)...

Comments